For more efficient and expedient handling of your request, please include exact name, contact information, and, if possible, account number(s).
Registration and What We Collect
When you create an account on SciencePG website, we may collect the following information:
• First name, Last name, academic/job title, Organization/Institution and previous publications
• Contact information in the form of email address, postal address, country of residence
• Other information regarding your scientific field of interest, education and work experience
How Personal Information Is Used
We use the personal information that you provide for such purposes as:
• Completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of our products or services, processing or fulfilling an order, or responding to your requests or inquiries;
• Website and system administration, such as for the technical support of the Site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Site, and verification of Site activity by the Site or its agents;
• Tailoring or customizing content or design of the Site during a single visit to the Site and individualized personalization of the Site on repeat visits;
• Research and development to enhance, evaluate and improve the Site and our products and services;
• Pseudonymous analysis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of users for purposes of research, analysis and anonymous reporting;
• Communicating with you about products, services and any special offers which we believe may be of interest to you. All e-mail messages sent from our database have an "unsubscribe" option, should you not wish to receive such information;
We may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for such purposes.
It is the policy of Science Publishing Group to send our members email throughout the publishing process and other email they elect to receive, in addition to customary business communications (payment confirmations, etc.). Further, it is our policy to immediately remove any member from any mailing list upon the member's request. In addition, Science Publishing Group will send newsletters and other communications to members. Newsletters will contain clear and obvious instructions for how the member can remove himself or herself from that mailing list.
We do use email as a means of receiving feedback from our members, and we encourage you to email us with your questions or comments.
Although Science Publishing Group do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies, we do use an ad server via our web hoster to keep track of data, like number of impressions.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We endeavor to keep your personal information confidential and protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alteration through the use of industry-standard encryption technologies. Your personal information is stored on servers that are behind a firewall and physically located within a secured data centre. However, no information transferred over the Internet is completely secure and, therefore, Science Publishing Group cannot guarantee with 100% certainty the total security of information transmitted to it.
1. If you would like to update your contact information and preferences, you can do so on the 'My Settings' page.
2. You can choose what information you make available to other registered and unregistered users.
3. If you no longer desire our services you can deactivate your account by emailing us at any time.