Employee’s Job Satisfaction and Supervisors Performance at Debre Berhan University
American Journal of Theoretical and Applied Statistics
Volume 7, Issue 2, March 2018, Pages: 85-91
Received: Mar. 5, 2018; Accepted: Mar. 14, 2018; Published: Mar. 22, 2018
Views 1345      Downloads 76
Author
Getahun Mulugeta, Department of Statistics, Debre Berhan University, Debre Berhan, Ethiopia
Article Tools
Follow on us
Abstract
In order to ensure the achievement of organization’s goals, it should create an atmosphere of commitment and cooperation for its employees through policies that facilitate employee satisfaction. The main objective of the study is identifying factors affecting employee’s job satisfaction and supervisor performance at Debre Berhan University. In order to meet the objective of the study a sample of 272 employees have taken. And consecutive statistical methods have been used. Both descriptive and inferential group of statistical tools have been applied. The descriptive result of the study reveals that about 63.2% of the sampled employees have unsatisfied and the rest 36.8% of them have satisfied with the working condition of the university. From logistic regression analysis of job satisfaction it is evident that the way of promotion, encouragement of research work, accessibility of office, merit based job allocation, recognition for contributions, responding the need of home and facility of working materials have significant effect on employees job satisfaction at 5% level of significant. Multiple linear regression also shows that handles employees complaints, does not allow special privilege, availability of supervisor for staffs, being respectful, good leading skill, trust on clerk, and sense of responsibility have significant effect on the supervisor performance at 5% level of significance. Finally chi-square test of association of overall job satisfaction and overall supervisor performance shows that there is a strong association between job satisfaction and performance of immediate supervisors. from consecutive result of the study it is recommended that; the management of the university should improve the way of promotion for staffs based on the legislation of the university, there should be motivated encouragement and recognition for researchers so that scientific environment can be created in the compound, the university should also work hard to satisfy the need of staffs for home and the allocation of supervisors in different hierarchy should be merit based.
Keywords
Job Satisfaction, Supervisor Performance, Logistic Regression, Multiple Linear Regression, Debre Berhan University
To cite this article
Getahun Mulugeta, Employee’s Job Satisfaction and Supervisors Performance at Debre Berhan University, American Journal of Theoretical and Applied Statistics. Vol. 7, No. 2, 2018, pp. 85-91. doi: 10.11648/j.ajtas.20180702.15
Copyright
Copyright © 2018 Authors retain the copyright of this article.
This article is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
References
[1]
Arnolds, C. A., & Boshoff, C. (2001). The challenge of motivating top management: A need satisfaction perspective [Electronic version]. Journal of Industrial Psychology, 27(1).
[2]
Chakrabarty S, Oubre DT, Brown G (2008). The impact of supervisory adaptive selling and supervisory feedback on salesperson performance. Ind. Mark. Manage., 37: 447-454.
[3]
Ellickson. M. C., & Logsdon, K. (2002). Determinants of job satisfaction of municipal government employees [Electronic version]. Public Personnel Management, 31(3).
[4]
Griffin MA, Patterson MG, West MA (2001). Job satisfaction and team work: the role of supervisor support. J. Organ. Behav., 22: 537-550.
[5]
Richard F. Gerson, Gerson, Brenda Machosky (Eds) (1993). Measuring Customer Satisfaction: 49 A Guide to Managing Quality Service: Crisp Publications, Inc.
[6]
Smith. M. 2007. How to Measure Satisfaction: Satisfaction Measurement and Theory.
[7]
Tam, J. (2004). “Customer satisfaction, service quality and perceived value. An integrative
[8]
Terrence and Gordon (1996). Determinants of customer satisfaction in retail banking pp. 15
[9]
Voltaire, R. (2003). Customer service and satisfaction: We must cultivate our garden, pp. 1 8
[10]
J. D. Politis (2001) The relationship of various Leadership Styles to Knowledge Management. Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 22(8), p. 354-64.
ADDRESS
Science Publishing Group
1 Rockefeller Plaza,
10th and 11th Floors,
New York, NY 10020
U.S.A.
Tel: (001)347-983-5186