Ahmed G. Abo-Khalil,
Sameh S. Ahmed
Pages: 19-25 Published Online: Jan. 13, 2016
Development and environment are interrelated to each other. Improper or uncontrolled development is likely to cause adverse impacts on the environment, and environmental pollution or degradation may become a major obstacle for social and economic development. Nowadays, there is a great concern to eliminate or minimize the environmental impact of energy resources. Even petroleum and gas production countries are seeking different alternatives or “Renewable Energy Resources”. On the other hand, extraction and use of coal ores is still in favor of some countries to use it as main or secondary energy recourse in some industries such as cement and iron steal.
This special issue aims to highlight the most recent researches towards developing new strategies and techniques to fully exploit both of coal and other alternatives including petroleum, gas, solar energy, wind power, PV systems,.., as a source for electricity generation.
Researches, innovations, case studies, new methods, techniques, approaches, models, cost effective methods, ..etc, are welcome to participate in this issue, with focus on environmental and economic studies. Authors can write under one of the following topics by sending scientific papers meeting the Journal format and criteria in any of the following topics.
1. Clean Coal Technology
2. Coal as an assistant source for generating electricity
3. Comparison cost studies
4. Energy sources and Climate change
5. Environmental Impact Assessment
6. Environmental Strategy and Compliance Technologies
7. Material Handling
8. Minimizing coal pollution during Manufacturing, Emissions Control
9. Nuclear Power Systems
10. Renewable Energy Sources: Challenge of Integration
11. Solar and PV Energy Systems
12. Successful Integration of Renewable and Energy Storage
13. Sustainable Energy
14. The Future of Petroleum and other Fuel Sources
15. Wind Powers Systems