While innovation is significant in economic growth, sustainable development and welfare, many inspiring technological ideas never make it into society. This special issue seeks a deeper understanding of why this is the case, and how to improve the situation. It will cover the management of the mechanisms and processes involved in developing and introducing new technological options, the socio-economic implications of technical change, the design and evaluation of public policies, private business strategies and actions of non-governmental organisations. Submissions concerning scientific and technical innovation in a global context will be highly encouraged.
• Life in a Virtual World: the Social Science of the Internet
• Information Technology Innovation
• Innovation & Sustainability
• Knowledge Economy & Society
• Technology, Globalization & Europeanization
• Innovative Activities in Economy