About This Special Issue
The objective of this special issue is to explore and disseminate research findings, innovative approaches, and best practices related to formative assessment in the context of English language teaching and learning. By bringing together a collection of high-quality papers, this special issue aims to contribute to the improvement of English language education by enhancing the understanding and implementation of formative assessment strategies.
This special issue welcomes original research papers, case studies, and theoretical articles that address the following topics within the domain of formative assessment in English language teaching and learning:
- 1. Theoretical foundations and conceptual frameworks of formative assessment in language education.
- 2. Effective formative assessment practices in diverse language learning environments.
- 3. Formative assessment techniques for assessing language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) and language components (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, etc.).
- 4. Technology-enhanced formative assessment tools and their impact on language learning outcomes.
- 5. The role of formative assessment in promoting learner autonomy and metacognitive strategies.
- 6. Formative assessment strategies for assessing intercultural communicative competence.
- 7. Challenges and potential solutions in implementing formative assessment practices in various educational contexts.
- 8. Professional development and training for English language teachers to enhance their formative assessment practices.
- 9. Policy implications and recommendations for integrating formative assessment into language education frameworks.
Authors interested in contributing to this special issue are invited to submit their manuscripts following the submission guidelines provided on the journal's website. All submissions will undergo a rigorous peer-review process to ensure the highest quality of the published papers. The special issue welcomes empirical studies, theoretical papers, systematic reviews, and practical examples that provide valuable insights into formative assessment practices in English language teaching and learning.
- Formative assessment
- English Language Teaching
- Learning Outcomes
- Classroom Assessment and Strategies
- Language Skills
- Educational Technology